This week's question:
Let’s suppose that you make an ill-advised bet, and discover exactly how ill-advised the bet actually was when you lose.
And let’s suppose that in your infinite confidence that you’d never lose, you agreed to bet that you’d get a tattoo if you didn’t win.Name your top seven tattoo designs you’d get if you had to get a tattoo. (For extra credit, note whether you already have the tattoo(s) you list.)
Let me first disclose that I am completely and totally terrified of needles, or I'd probably already have at least the first one on this list. As is, I don't think there's any chance of me ever getting a tattoo, but it's fun to think about what I'd get if I did. So, here's my list. Click on the name of each to be taken to an example picture.
- A triquetra, centered around my belly button. For those that don't know, a triquetra is an old Celtic symbol, adopted by the Christian church to represent the trinity.
- A Celtic cross on my ankle. Hmm... I sense a theme here.
- A dragon circling my upper arm (couldn't find a picture of exactly what I'd want, but something simple like this, wrapped around my arm)
- My favorite scripture verse at the base of my neck
- Wings on my back
- A sun around my belly button
- An Icthus over my heart