Monday, January 14, 2008

He Was a Quiet Man... Also Kinda Creepy!

Ever have one of those memories that just doesn't make any sense whatsoever? I swear I've seen the movie "He Was a Quiet Man." I can tell you the entire plot. I can remember specific scenes and dialog, and way more than would ever be included in even the most thorough of previews. I know the movie inside and out. Here's the kicker: the last film I went to was The Bourne Ultimatum last August. I'm pretty certain I haven't been in a theater since. He Was a Quiet Man didn't hit the theaters until November 23rd according to IMDB. I haven't rented it. I don't own it. I didn't see it at a friend's house. In fact, it only just now is coming out on DVD. But I KNOW without a doubt that I've seen this movie. The entire thing. So I'm hoping someone out there in blogland can explain this to me. It is an independant film after all. Was it maybe released to television before it hit theaters somehow? Does anyone else remember having seen this movie prior to its actual release date? I know it's been longer than just since November. Or maybe I'm just losing my mind. Very possible.

8 comments:

Jayne d'Arcy said...

After reading the story in the spoiler area it's a rather familiar one. A kind of legend that's been told in story form many different ways. Perhaps you read about it someplace?

BunGirl said...

Nah, I remember the whole thing very visually -- with those specific actors playing the characters.

Anonymous said...

Hmm...I tried to find details on when it was filmed...but no luck...maybe you saw a really long commercial for it when you were half asleep or something? Haha...am I reaching? I'm sorry but this is quite the mystery!!

BunGirl said...

Yeah, I thought of that too, but I remember way too much of it for a commercial. Like entire scenes and pretty much the whole plot.

Princess Jami said...

Wow. This is really weird and also kind of funny. Would you give it any stars? Can you do this with other movies? ;-) I don't have any helpful suggestions at this time. :-)

BunGirl said...

Nah, this is the only one I know of... I'm not really a very good movie critic, but I guess I'd give this a rating of maybe 6 (on a 1-10 scale). Wasn't great, wasn't horrible, slightly better than middle. That is, assuming the movie itself and the one I watched (in my head???) are one and the same. /sigh Right now, I'm writing down everything I remember from the movie and then we're going to rent it to see how close it is to my thoughts. Kind of a tedious list though. Still, should be fun in the watching. Oh, and you know the hubby... he's a bit freaked out by this. (silly moose)

Anonymous said...

Did you go to South by Southwest in Austin? It premiered there.

BunGirl said...

Nope, I haven't been to Austin in years.

Verse of the Day