Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Jared's Tail Adventures

One of my dogs, Jared, had a rough day yesterday, then had to spend the night at the vet, and now has a bandage on his tail and stitches under that and will be on pain meds for a while, so he's a bit on the loopy side. If you want the full story, you can see it at Grumpamoose's blog, but I just thought I'd post a couple of pictures to document the whole thing.

Here he is, home, safe and mostly sound. Poor guy. He seems more nervous than he usually is (and he's usually pretty tightly-wound so that's really saying something!) but I don't know if that's an effect of the meds or just him being afraid of getting hurt again.

And here's a close-up of that tail. They've got it wrapped pretty well, but I'm still gonna have to make him wear the lampshade when we're not home and he's going to have to be separated from the other dogs too because they're just too curious about what's under there.

5 comments:

Jan said...

Poor baby. I always hate to look at the face of any of my dogs that hurt. They always look like I could make it all better if I just would.

BunGirl said...

Yeah, that's pretty much EXACTLY the look I'm getting right now. Though I think it has something to do with the snacks I'm munching too...

Anonymous said...

Poor creature. At least it's going to get better now. It's just a shame the dog doesn't understand that.

BunGirl said...

Isn't that the truth! He just keeps looking at the bandage and then looking at me like "Mommy get it off of me!"

Princess Jami said...

Darling little fella. I like that the bandage even gives him some helpful advice...No Chew! :-) /pats puppy, very carefully.

Verse of the Day