Thursday, February 21, 2008

Off With His Tail!

Ugh, what a day. For those counting, that's two in a row. Came home this afternoon to find that Jared had lost the end of his tail... Not the bandage, or the stitches or whatever, the actual end of the tail. There was bone sticking out. So, we loaded him into the car and off we went to the vet's office yet again. At this point, she's going to have to amputate at least part of the tail. We had the option of amputating just an inch or so and hoping it heals this time, or lopping off the entire thing and being done with it. So, as of tomorrow, I'll have a dog with a docked tail. Can't say I'm thrilled with the concept, but it's better than dealing with this over and over again. He's pretty well sick of bandages and cones. I know I am. At least the day ended well.

7 comments:

Princess Jami said...

Aww...poor Jared. And, that is kind of creepy. *hugs to all*

MTNotes said...

sorry to hear about the poor pup and poor pup mom n dad...

i moused over your link of how the day ended...saw what the link was...

and started drooling

you lucky duck!

Jan said...

Poor baby and poor BunGirl too. Dogs really put us through a lot. Jared will now have to wag his whole rear end now instead of just a tail.

BunGirl said...

Jami, thanks for the hugs... I'll be sure to pass them on.

mt, lol about the link -- it's my fave restaurant and we were doing a late Valentine dinner. I'm kinda glad we had already had reservations before the tail issue popped up again or we might not have gone... I SO needed a night out!

jan, Jared's already a pretty jubilant wagger... he wags with his whole body!

Anonymous said...

I never been a fan of cutting their tails for looks. This is a good reason, though.

BunGirl said...

myra, I couldn't agree more. I'll take natural tail and ears over docked any day. Still, I think this will help him heal, so I'm ok with it, but it's certainly going to take some getting used to!

Anna said...

Poor thing. I hope he gets to feeling better soon. I also wanted to ask you if you would like to join a prayer chain that I am having for my mom. You can get the story at http://www.mycornerstonetrio.com/?p=44 It would mean a lot if you joined. Thanks and GOd Bless!

Verse of the Day