Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sunday Seven #133 -- Radio Formats

Sunday_Seven

Here's this week's list topic:
Rank your seven favorite radio station formats.
  1. Christian Rock -- I listen almost exclusively to Power FM. If you think Christian Rock is an oxymoron, you should probably go check it out -- you have no idea what you're missing! In fact, if you listen to a lot of rock/punk/alternative etc. you probably already know some Christian artists... Bands like Flyleaf, POD, MXPX and Switchfoot have all made the jump to mainstream at one point or another. /soapbox
  2. Alternative. I'm not sure if it's adult alternative or regular alternative, but I know it when I hear it. Stations that play Pearl Jam, Nirvana, U2 and the like.
  3. Oldies -- and the cheesier the better! I love the Monkeys and all of the bands they were a parody of. I grew up listening to oldies in my Mom's car, so I know most of the lyrics to most of the songs, even though I'm a generation or two too young for them.
  4. Classic Rock -- now we're getting into the stations that I only listen to once in a blue moon. In this category I place things like Credence Clearwater Revival and Lynrd Skynrd.
  5. Soft Rock -- particularly stations that play a lot of 80's music. Hooray for the 80's and their sappy love songs!
  6. Wow, I'm kinda hard-pressed to come up with two more... I guess now and then I'll tune in to Christian Contemporary stations, but usually only for a specific song or something. Really, I'm not that fond of groups like Point of Grace and 4Him. They remind me too much of regular pop music, which I loathe.
  7. Once in a great while I'll stop the dial on a country station, but that's pretty much a last resort. And again only for specific songs. The Devil Went Down to Georgia or Tennessee Flat Top Box, for example.
Well, that's my list. Go check out the other entries at St Patrick's Place!

No comments:

Verse of the Day