Here's this week's list topic:
Rank your seven favorite radio station formats.
- Christian Rock -- I listen almost exclusively to Power FM. If you think Christian Rock is an oxymoron, you should probably go check it out -- you have no idea what you're missing! In fact, if you listen to a lot of rock/punk/alternative etc. you probably already know some Christian artists... Bands like Flyleaf, POD, MXPX and Switchfoot have all made the jump to mainstream at one point or another. /soapbox
- Alternative. I'm not sure if it's adult alternative or regular alternative, but I know it when I hear it. Stations that play Pearl Jam, Nirvana, U2 and the like.
- Oldies -- and the cheesier the better! I love the Monkeys and all of the bands they were a parody of. I grew up listening to oldies in my Mom's car, so I know most of the lyrics to most of the songs, even though I'm a generation or two too young for them.
- Classic Rock -- now we're getting into the stations that I only listen to once in a blue moon. In this category I place things like Credence Clearwater Revival and Lynrd Skynrd.
- Soft Rock -- particularly stations that play a lot of 80's music. Hooray for the 80's and their sappy love songs!
- Wow, I'm kinda hard-pressed to come up with two more... I guess now and then I'll tune in to Christian Contemporary stations, but usually only for a specific song or something. Really, I'm not that fond of groups like Point of Grace and 4Him. They remind me too much of regular pop music, which I loathe.
- Once in a great while I'll stop the dial on a country station, but that's pretty much a last resort. And again only for specific songs. The Devil Went Down to Georgia or Tennessee Flat Top Box, for example.