Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Which religion do your beliefs most closely resemble?

I like to take quizzes like this, not because I am searching for a "religion" but to see how accurate they are. Anyone who knows me knows that I am 100% a Christian. Most of these tests don't come up with that answer. This one did, and I find the second result quite appropriate as well. Fun!


You scored as Christianity. Your views are most similar to those of Christianity. Do more research on Christianity and possibly consider being baptized and accepting Jesus, if you aren't already Christian.

Christianity is the second of the Abrahamic faiths; it follows Judaism and is followed by Islam. It differs in its belief of Jesus, as not a prophet nor historical figure, but as God in human form. The Holy Trinity is the concept that God takes three forms: the Father, the Son (Jesus), and the Holy Ghost (sometimes called Holy Spirit). Jesus taught the idea of instead of seeking revenge, one should love his or her neighbors and enemies. Christians believe that Jesus died on the cross to save humankind and forgive people's sins.

Christianity


92%

Judaism


50%

Buddhism


38%

Paganism


33%

Islam


25%

Hinduism


17%

agnosticism


17%

Satanism


4%

atheism


0%

Which religion is the right one for you? (new version)
created with QuizFarm.com

2 comments:

People in the Sun said...

A guy from work did this and also got Christian first and Jewish second.

So here I was trying to see if this test was rigged somehow. Confident in my atheism on the one hand and on my tendency toward Stoic philosophy on the other, I answered fifty-four questions and waited for the results.

Now, I don't mind them putting Judaism in the last place. I grew up Jewish but it means little to me now. I also don't even mind them telling me my views are most similar to Islam. Don't know enough about Islam to argue.

It is slightly bothersome, however, that Satanism comes a close second...

BunGirl said...

If it helps any, I'm pretty sure the skinnin cats and sacrificing babies satanism that we've all seen in movies and such is something entirely different from the kind this quiz is talking about...

Verse of the Day