Monday, December 11, 2006

This is kinda cool...

Have you ever seen a movie with a car chase and thought "Man, that looks expensive!"? I know I have... Those guys' car insurance rates must be astronomical! Now Progressive Direct has done the math for freaks like me who think about these things! On the HD DVD release of "The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift" there's a feature called "Progressive Direct: Insurance Damage Estimates." Basically a little damage calculator window displays messages like "roof repair $209" and "fender $618." Maybe I'm just geeking out here, but I think I need to go rent this DVD now! Don't get me wrong... I have no interest whatsoever in the movie itself. I haven't seen any of the films in the series. They just seem too much like so many others that I don't see the point. But that damage calculator sounds awesome! Now I just gotta see about getting an HD DVD player... ;-) Kudos to Progressive Direct and to Universal Studios for finding a way to make "product placement" fun!

No comments:

Verse of the Day