Friday, October 15, 2004

To the ends of the Earth...

Disclaimer: It's currently 2 AM so this posting may ramble a bit.

Ok, so at 1:15 tomorrow (technically today) I'll be meeting my group at the airport. I am really, really, really not looking forward to the plane ride, but the destination is certainly worth it. So, I'm taking a friend's advice and staying up all night the night before in hopes that I'll be tired enough to sleep through at least part of the plane ride. Not that staying up all night is likely to be difficult -- insomnia does have its uses. Mostly I'm just hoping to leave my stress at the ticket line so that I can focus on God's agenda rather than my own petty problems. (Hint: that was a prayer request.) It's pretty cold over there right now, which really shouldn't be too much of a problem for me. I grew up near Philly and the winters there were pretty similiar to the weather Ekat. is experiencing now. Then again, less than a week ago it was eighty degrees here, so I am really not even remotely acclimated. I just hope I packed appropriately. I've been saying that I need a vacation a lot lately, but really I think I need this trip much more than a vacation. Vacations tend to be about me. This will be about God, and hopefully that'll help me keep myself grounded as we head into a very stressful period at work. I'll be sure to post a bunch of pics when I get back though, so come back sometime during the week of the 25th to see 'em. Probably late in the week though. I'm still not sure how my body will react to the jet lag thing, so I may not be doing much beyond the necessities for the first few days after my return. Anyway, I hope that made some sort of sense to someone out there. I'm signing off...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you back, yet?! Nope. It's been a long time!! :-)

Princess Jami

Verse of the Day