Thursday, December 03, 2009

What I did last Sunday

My blog friends probably don't know (because I've been terribly neglecting all of you!) that the Moose and I have recently become involved with a new church.  When I say new, I don't mean new to us.  I mean our church has only existed for about eight weeks.

This brand spanking new church is called Vintage and follows the motto: "Learn to live, live to serve."

We lived this out last weekend, and I gotta say I am PROUD of my new church family!

First, go check out the first video on the church website, then come back.

Did you see that?  That was an eight-week old church.  Fifty people (50!) came out and volunteered their day to help out some folks in the community who we don't even know.  Adults cleared a burgeoning forest out of a back yard and rebuilt some structural supports a few blocks from the church, while the kids tackled the landscaping at a local elementary school. 

Among all the chainsaws, weedeaters, thorny vines (ouch!) and wayward branches, we got to spend some time doing the gospel rather than just preaching it.  Showing God's love instead of just talking about it.  Helping people instead of sitting around and complaining about the lack of community involvement.

And let me tell you, I have not been so thankful to be a part of something so amazing in a long, long time. 

God's mission is alive and well in McKinney Texas, and I feel honored to be a part of it.

No comments:

Verse of the Day